Moses Vargas

Why Canada Denies People With DUI To Enter Their Country

mosesvargas DUI attorney

There are still a lot of people who don’t know about not being able to enter Canada when you have a DUI on your record. Many people can be shocked once they get to the border and get denied entry. Canada has a law that states that people who have a DUI in their record wherever in the whole world would be considered inadmissible. This is not only true for those with DUI, it is also true for people who had other offences such as fraud, assault or criminal mischief. If you have a DUI in your record and is in need of a DUI Canada Entry 2015, then you need to find a lawyer that can help you get your temporary residence permit. This permit allows you, for a certain span of time, to enter and exit Canada as you need to.

DUI Is A Serious Offense

Although many people can be annoyed to find out that Canada is keeping them out for making a mistake in their life, Canada isn’t really doing this to punish you. It is made to make sure that questionable tourists wouldn’t be able to reach them so that they can also help keep those who reside in Canada safe.

DUI is viewed as a serious offense in Canada and no matter where you are in the world, if you have committed DUI, you will be banned from entering Canada for years, some even last for 10 years. Some people may have been charged as reckless driving and although it is a minor charge as compared to DUI, there is still a great chance that you can’t pass the Canadian border. The seriousness of the crime committed in the US or elsewhere doesn’t matter, what matters is the seriousness of the said crime when in Canada or under the Canadian law.

If you have a criminal record, no matter what kind of crime you have committed, such as poaching, possession of weed, bounce check, death treat or even a fishing violation, it is likely that you wouldn’t be welcomed in Canada. Driving under the influence charges that include alcohol isn’t the only DUI that will cause you to be banned from entering Canada. If you are caught driving under the influence of medical marijuana or pain killers, you can still be stopped and asked to go back when you are crossing the border.

It is important that you check your record and make sure that you don’t have any criminal record if you really want to go to Canada. If you do have a DUI, then it would be best to seek help from a lawyer to get your permit. Even if your crime has passed for over a decade, you will still need a legal note to show in case they question your entry. It is best to be prepared rather than to be asked to drive back where you came from just because you are denied of entry in Canada. These are their rules and you have to abide with it because you are just visiting their country.